Sunday, March 09, 2014

Charlie's Animated Head of Hair

After many days,  I spent several hours trying to get Charlie's hair just right.  All the character do not have a line around the hair and Charlie's shouldn't either was what I was going for but his hair being yellow it's hard to see unless he's on a dark background.  So in this version there is a line.

In looking for the style of the cartoon I was originally drawing lots of hair detail inside the shape.  Be today I took out all the "Extra Lines" because it's impossible keep the consistent.   Here there is an indication of highlights with a light tone of the same color.


He parts his hair on the left and combs it over to the right.  His hair covers his eye's slightly in the front view and I had trouble getting the other turns to match. Lastly these lines were drawn on after the lines were removed in the computer.

Wonka is the only character who has a line around his hair, but now I'm thinking Charlie will too! Or maybe colored line!??!

No comments: